Do you have a picky eater? Are you all too familiar with the phrase "yuck, veggies!"? This delicious creamy broccoli and ham pasta is great for a cold day and a picky eater! My Grant loves his sweets and not-so-much his veggies. (Check out how we got Grant to stop eating candy here.) Thankfully, I have managed to find a way around my picky eater's habits. This creamy and super simple pasta tastes heavenly any day of the week and leaves me feeling great since I put in some healthy vegetables right before he attacks dessert!
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, in small pieces
- 1 cup cubed ham
- ½ cup julienne red peppers
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ rotini, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small pot, cook broccoli, ham and red peppers in a small amount of olive oil, for about 6 minutes, or until ham starts to sizzle and broccoli starts to soften.
2. Season with garlic powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Add cubed cream cheese, and 1 cup of milk. Stir until cream cheese melts, and a sauce forms
4. Stir in shredded cheddar cheese until combined
5. Stir in the rotini pasta, add more salt and pepper to taste.
Serving suggestion: A fresh salad, steamed green beans, or even asparagus. Have some warm bread on the side to wipe the sauce up with!